Monday, April 18, 2011

Here's what people are saying about SJB

Here is what people are saying about SJB:
I came to St. John's this morning knowing (as usual) that I would participate in an appropriately solemn liturgy for Passion Sunday; I was not disappointed. I came to church this morning in a bad mood and left quite edified. Kudos to all of you for a most effective liturgical ministry! LP


The choir did an outstanding job on the anthems at both offertory and communion; the hymn choices for the day were "just what the doctor ordered." As usual, the canting was next to perfect (O.K., 'cause only GOD is perfect). PL



I have nothing but praise to offer for today's profound liturgy at 9:30 a.m. From the procession with palms to the doors of the church, the ceremony was not only lovely but reverent. (There IS a change in the tide: The congregation moved silently and reverently from the blacktop to the church.) PG



The chanted account of the Lord's passion was marvelous; I haven't experienced that since I was a Dominican friar. RD

No comments: